When you think about Botox, you probably think about cosmetic surgeons, face lifts, and wrinkles. Of course, those are common applications of this powerful tool, but it also plays an important role in dentistry. At Caring Dental, we use every option at our disposal to help you take care of your smile. There is a chance that we can use Botox to address specific dental concerns.
Learn more about how we can help you, and give us a call to make an appointment with our team.
How Botox and Dentistry Work Together
So, how exactly do Botox and dental medicine go hand-in-hand? Botox is a specific protein that is used to relax muscles. It comes from clostridium botulinum, a bacteria that occurs naturally in the wild. The protein is the same whether you use Botox to fix wrinkles or address oral health concerns.
We will customize your Botox treatments to meet your needs. Reach out to us to figure out exactly how you can use Botox to improve your oral health.
How Does a Dentist Use Botox?
There are a few ways that a dentist might use Botox to help you address a specific oral health concern. The most common examples include:
- If you are frustrated with the location of your lip lines, Botox can help you.
- If you have new dentures in place, you may have a difficult time adjusting to them. A dentist can use Botox to make your dentures more comfortable, ensuring you get as much use out of them as possible.
- If you are frustrated because you have signs of aging, a dentist may be able to use Botox to help you. That way, you restore your youthful vitality.
- If you believe your smile is not symmetrical, Botox may be a way to address the issue.
- If you are frustrated because you have facial swelling after a procedure, we might be able to integrate Botox into the recovery process.
- If you want to address issues with your temporomandibular joint, Botox can help you.
- We can use Botox to help you with teeth grinding issues, usually called bruxism.
If you want to learn more about how we can use Botox to help you, give us a call today.
What Should You Expect?
If you decide to go with Botox treatments, what should you expect? First, we will review the risks and benefits with you. We will also talk about alternative treatment options to make sure we select the best one to meet your needs. Then, we will map out the injection sites to ensure we put your Botox in the right spots. We will sterilize everything to minimize your chances of developing an infection. Even though you may feel a slight pinch as the needle goes in, it should not hurt.
Remember that you may have slight difficulty moving certain parts of your face after the procedure, but you should see the results in minutes.
Make an Appointment for Botox in Baltimore Today
Botox has numerous applications, and we can use it to help you take care of your oral health. Caring Dental is always available to answer any questions you might have, so give us a call today. Then, reach out to us to schedule your next Botox treatment appointment!